NYC 40th Anniversary Tour includes Carnegie Hall & the Cathedral of St. John the Divine
June 16 at 2:00 pm
Located at 57th Street and Seventh Avenue in Manhattan
The Master Chorale of Tampa Bay has received a prestigious invitation to perform Poulenc's "Gloria" at the famous Carnegie Hall on June 16th under the baton of Dr. James K. Bass, former Master Chorale Artistic Director (2010-2016). We could not be more thrilled to accept this invitation and close out our 40th Anniversary Season with this unforgettable experience! Carnegie Hall Tickets
Also on the program, and performed by other artists, will be Dan Forrest's "Requiem for the Living," Mark Hayes "Te Deum," and Brahms' "Schicksalslied."
CATHEDRAL OF ST. JOHN THE DIVINE
June 13 at 6:00 pm
1047 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY
Members of The Master Chorale will also present a beautiful performance conducted by Artistic Director, Brett Karlin, at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City on the evening of June 13th. Info about the Cathedral of St. John the Divine
This concert will include excerpts from our "Awake and Sing" repertoire including:
- "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana,
- excerpts from Poulenc's "Gloria,"
- Rachmaninoff's "Bogorôditse Dêvo" from All Night Vigil,
- Brahms' “Wie lieblich sind deine Wohnungen” from Ein Deutsches Requiem,
- Dominick DiOrio's "We Reply," and
- Master Chorale commissions
- Lux Aurumque by Eric Whitacre and
- "We Can Mend the Sky" by Jake Runestad.